Friday, October 8, 2010

Cupcakes

                                                         My first cupcake order


 Lesson learnt:
1.Sieve your icing sugar before used otherwise you can feel that you are biting sugar when you eat the butter cream.
2. Weigh your cupcake so that each has same size! ( Nigella doesnt have to do this!)
3. One pack of premix (500gm) can produce more than 50 cupcakes size 8.
4. It is not easy to get a nice cupcake box for 25 size 8 cupcakes. You will ended up with plain white box.
5. Mint and chocolate chip doesn't mix!
6.Time taken for my first order is 3 nights from 7-12pm. All together -15 hours. Need to improve on time management!.
7. Using fondant is much easier and neater than butter cream. But sometimes fondant cracked due to room tempreature. Not sure how to deal with it (guess I have to ask my cupcake guru, Lynn Hassan when I meet her), I just cover the cracks with more decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment